Brands need insights that lead to great ideas. We help our clients turn business questions into actionable insights. Our team of super likable humans is dedicated to research innovation and maintains a nimble and disruptive startup mindset. We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position can be remote; however, we are currently set up in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, OR, ID, IL, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, and TX.
About the role
As the Director, Business Development, you will work closely with a team of researchers to help clients solve their complex business needs through providing high-quality, customized market research. Your leadership in business development and account management coupled with your research expertise, business intelligence, and analytic thinking will allow you to grow assigned accounts and sell to new clients to build your book of business and meet financial goals.
Using your industry and research knowledge, you will identify new clients and referrals, develop proposals, oversee study design, client deliverables and manage budgets. You will effectively provide business insights through high-quality client deliverables that support our business objectives and the goals of our clients.
You will provide senior-level guidance on various quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Your ability to communicate with clients and manage their expectations, meet project deadlines, guide and direct project teams to deliver meaningful insights and recommendations for growth and development.
What does success look like
Job success is based on having in-depth insights and industry experience and contacts coupled with self-motivation, an innate drive to succeed. You will need a passion for developing new business. This is a true business development role where you will be responsible for all aspects of sales and client development to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Generating new client business, closing sales and growing accounts to meet revenue and margin goals.
- Identify new business opportunities while continually cultivating and expanding existing relationships.
- Assist in forecasting sales and reviewing the project pipeline for new opportunities.
- Develop client rapport and manage expectations through communications that develop trust and build strong relationships.
- Develop proposals, design marketing research studies, and direct the execution of those studies.
- Support a team as they execute on your projects, ensuring they produce thorough, high-quality deliverables while achieving excellent results – on time and within budget.
- Guide analysis for multiple projects; be available to serve as a team resource for decision making and direction.
- Apply solid business understanding to deliver actionable, impactful findings to clients.
- Drive business and strategic development to facilitate knowledge sharing and provide optimal progress updates to the business teams and management.
- Attending seminars, webinars, conferences and meetings focused on building new business and maximizing revenue of clients. Travel to meet clients as needed, for proposal and report delivery.
- Represent ISA brand personality and positioning in the marketplace to ensure cohesiveness and unity of ISA both internally and externally.
- Document all sales activities in the company CRM system.
- Create an inspiring environment that motivates and inspires others to perform at high levels.
- Provide thought leadership through an understanding of and experience with research methodologies. Share best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in advertising, research methodologies, social sciences, economics, marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of market research coupled with client growth experience.
- Experience in supporting project management, questionnaire design, and report writing.
- Research experience in one or more of the following: branding, marketing, advertising or cannabis.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Computer skills – MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint.
- Ability to be a proactive driver and self-starter.
- Project, time and task management.
- Attention to detail and desire for perfection.
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature.
- Team player; willing to wear many hats.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!)
We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you can make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries – but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.