Brands need insights that lead to great ideas. We help our clients turn business questions into actionable insights. Our team of super likable humans is dedicated to research innovation and maintains a nimble and disruptive startup mindset. We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is remote; however, we are looking for someone located in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, ID, IL, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, and TX.
About the role
The Qualitative Senior Project Manager (QSPM) is a dynamic role vital to the success of our business. The QSPM is responsible for managing all aspects of qualitative market research projects, including but not limited to overseeing the project recruitment efforts, cost, and overall profit margin for success. The QSPM will lead a team of 2-3 Qualitative Project Managers by the end of 2021.
Acting as a liaison between clients and various departments within ISA, the QSPM will coordinate all components of the qualitative study from the beginning to the end.
What does success look like
Job success is based on having excellent communication, organization skills, and customer services skills coupled with the ability to provide fast-turnaround information both internally and externally. The QSPM is expected to manage their own time and operate with little supervision, as well as support and grow a team of junior QSPMs.
- Alert appropriate departments of new projects.
- Responsible for bids for certain clients.
- Alert accounting to process credit checks on new clients.
- Confirm project parameters, specifications, dates, etc., and reserve focus group rooms for the client if applicable.
- Brief manager and recruiting supervisor and other necessary personnel on aspects of the project.
- Monitor the participant recruitment process and work with managers when problems in this area occur.
- Oversee the facility set-up process to ensure that the room(s) are set up per client instructions and that all food and equipment are set up in accordance with client expectations when applicable.
- Monitor project productivity and progress.
- Inform the client of spec changes and cost and/or timing implications.
- Maintain study files, including all client communication records.
- Monitor study for problems and make recommendations to ensure the client receives quality service: data and ensures that the company operates project within original or revised budget parameters.
- Maintain constant communication with the client and internal departments regarding changes in the project. Report changes to all appropriate personnel.
- Produce, review, and send reports to clients.
- Prepare advance billing documentation and purchase orders for honoraria and invoice and bill client at closing.
- Overall, act as a liaison between client and company to ensure projects are correctly managed, timely and within budget.
- On occasion, project managers must be available before and after business hours to respond to client requests or internal employee questions regarding their projects. When the Project Manager is unavailable to receive calls, the Project Manager must arrange for back-up coverage approved by senior management.
- Oversee and support a staff of 2-3 junior QPMs to ensure quality project management and client satisfaction.
- 3+ years related to qualitative research project management experience.
- 3+ years related to people management.
- Requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products.
- Must be detail-oriented and manage several projects and people at a time.
- Must be client and service oriented.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!)
We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you can make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries – but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.