Brands need insights that lead to great ideas. We help our clients turn business questions into actionable insights. Our team of super likable humans is dedicated to research innovation and maintains a nimble and disruptive startup mindset. We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position can be remote; however, we are currently set up in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, OR, ID, IL, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, and TX.
About the role
The Market Research Director (MRD) is an energetic role vital to the success of our business. The MRD is responsible for the successful management, profitability, and growth of the assigned clients. The MRD achieves this goal through exceptional client management, research management and team leadership. The MRD is expected to be the research expert who proactively partners with clients as a thought leader to define research needs, execute outstanding research projects, and deliver deep insights.
The MRD will manage a small dedicated team that supports the MRD’s client accounts through execution of research. The MRD is expected to work with the assigned project teams to provide guidance and training on best practices regarding research and client communications to ensure team members are effectively supporting the MRD and providing maximum value to clients.
The ideal MRD candidate is a self-starter who is eager to bring new ideas and best practices to a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. The MRD is a creative and curious thinker who helps the organization continually improve the insights, value, and solutions we provide.
What does success look like
Job success is based on having excellent communication, leadership, organization skills and customer service skills, coupled with the ability to provide fast-turnaround information – both internally and externally. The MRD is expected to independently manage their own time and client accounts with little supervision.
- Be key client facing researcher and account manager, providing account management services to the client in order to maintain and grow clients.
- Maintain and grow account and ensure project profitability.
- Manage client expectations and deliverables to achieve high client satisfaction levels.
- Manage assigned Research Managers.
- Train and mentor Research Managers to support their professional growth, as they are an integral part of the account management team.
- Responsible for successful execution of all aspects of market research engagements.
- A minimum of 5+ years market research experience – project management, client management, questionnaire and report writing (client facing with quantitative and/or qualitative research experience, a mix of knowledge around product, CPG, retail, tech and branding subject areas is a plus).
- Bachelor’s degree or above in advertising, research methodologies, social sciences, economics, marketing or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (both creating a deck and also presenting it to clients and executives).
- Computer skills – MS Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter.
- Project/time/task management.
- Attention to detail and desire for perfection.
- Analytical and inquisitive by nature.
- Team player; willingness to wear many hats.
- Strong in-person presence.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!)
We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you can make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries – but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.