Brands need insights that lead to great ideas. We help our clients turn business questions into actionable insights. Our team of super likable humans is dedicated to research innovation and maintains a nimble and disruptive startup mindset. We offer a competitive compensation package. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Location: Van Nuys
About the role
This position will assist with all aspects of the day to day accounting processes, helping in all areas such as AP, AR, GL and reporting. You will work collaboratively with the accounting team members in every area. This is a full time position and will report to the Assistant Controller.
What does success look like
A successful staff accountant will have a natural skill for math and accuracy. Understand how complex mathematical calculations can improve accounting processes while balancing multiple projects at once. Process error-free financial data and information for business decisions.
- Assist the AR Specialist in billings and collections, including the matching of purchase orders.
- Prepare weekly bank account reconciliations, including intercompany cash transactions.
- Assist the AP specialist in a variety of Accounts Payable duties such as company credit card transaction coding, accessing vendor portals to make payments, and other AP ad hoc analysis.
- Communicate with cross-entity finance teams to share and reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Work with internal departments to assess accuracy of financial information and resolve accounting issues.
- Assist with maintaining overall accuracy and integrity of the general ledger, and ensure financial data is compliant with US GAAP.
- Assist with annual financial statement audits, including compiling supporting documentation and preparation of schedules provided to auditors and tax specialists.
- Assist with other ad hoc analysis and projects.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Foundational understanding of US GAAP.
- Relevant accounting experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; Excel experience required.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills; detail oriented.
- Strong oral and written documentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Open to taking on new challenges and a quick learner.
- Able to commute to the Van Nuys office starting in September 2021.
Why you will not like it here (you’ll love it!)
We don’t want to brag, but working here is awesome! And it’s because of people just like you. If you don’t feel that you can make our place even more awesome with your creativity, humor, and hard work, no worries – but don’t apply. If YOU can raise the average by being here, join us and we will treat you like the rock star you are – every day.